Ashley Sisk has her annual photographic review of the year, Memories, Dreams and Reflections. Without further ado…
1. Me: This is hard since I am hardly ever in pictures. I’ll share the one my sister took of me and Millie with my novel.
2. I Love You: Of course I love my human family and my animal family, but the last several months, I’ve been faced with MJ’s mortality and I’m grateful for every day that I have with him.
3. Still Laughing: I might not be LOL, but I do smile every time I think of Victoria keeping her kids in the tree.
4. Winter Wonderland: Ironically, I’m using a picture from last May. Yeah, our freak May snowstorm was beautiful.
5. Birthday: There are times I never thought we’d see Millie’s 10th birthday, but she’s going to make it. It was right around her 9th birthday that we got news of our herd being CAE positive, and I’m certainly going to celebrate this milestone birthday next month!
6. Friends: For some reason, Casey and Myson have become best friends. I think it’s cute to see the two wethers out there together.
7. I was inspired: I spent a lot of time this year adding quotes to some of my photos. I need to really take some of them to heart. This was one of my favorites.
8. Spring Fever: Spring always means babies!
9. Travel or Vacation: I honestly didn’t go anywhere this year, and I had to dig into the 2012 archives for this shot of Beavie on our trip out east. However, I’m planning on a return to New York to visit my goat sisters this coming summer. I hope Beavie’s up for another trip!
10. Summer Days: Long hot days filled with hard work making hay for winter’s feed.
11. A Day in my Life: I know I just shared this shot of Moose eating hay in the barn, but every day in my life involves chores and taking care of the animals.
12. All Smiles: I love the farmer’s market and seeing the smiles on all the kids’ faces when they are having fun!
13. Autumn Harvest: This is from my bean harvest this fall.
14. Family or Home: Home is where the goat is, and I love that I have my Back Forty as a wonderful home for them and my sacred space.
15. Celebrate! This year saw the return of our small town’s commuinty celebration! I had a lot of fun, and it was a great day for selling my soaps at the market.
16. Let’s Do It Again: Are you ready? It’s just about 2 1/2 months before we start kidding 2014!
17. I Miss You: I lost several friends this year: Cutie, Pam, Pebbles, Cupid, Annie. I’ll miss them all, but Pam was truly a princess. She was fun and loved to play and I will miss her for a long time.
18. Beautiful: A summer day, watching the sun go down.
19. Dress Up: We didn’t play dress up as much this year, but as much fun as Marley is, we might have to start doing plays for Millie’s blog again this year.
20. Macro: A monarch butterfly on the wild asters.
21. Holidays: I went all the way back to last spring for this Easter shot.
22. My Favorite: This has to be my favorite (or one of them) shot of the year. It’s not often you see a coyote close up, and even more rare for her to hang around while I get my camera and come back.
23. Don’t Ever Change: I celebrate everyday I get to spend on my farm. I am truly grateful and blessed to have such a wonderful life. I don’t ever want that to change.
24. Just Because–So There! I love being close to nature in my Back Forty. The great horned owls are some of my favorites.
25. Hopes & Dreams: This is one of the hardest. I feel like this year many of my dreams were shattered, and I’m kind of floundering. I guess I hope my future gives me a lot more opportunity for photography as I love it. I’ve been learning manual settings on the camera and I hope I can continue to improve my skills and maybe even master human portraiture.