Archive |

A Third Knitting Project

19 Dec

After finishing the baby blanket, I wanted to try a dish cloth, but I didn’t have the right kind of yarn.  I’m not very patient, so I decided to try the pattern with the left overs from my scarf.

It kind of looked like a Barbie bikini to start with.

I kept with it, and it turned out pretty good.  I’m thinking this one would be better as a hot pad, but I can live with that.

Of course, I still have way too much help.

Snickers

Since I liked the pattern, I got some 100% cotton yarn and tried it again.

I really like it now!

It has an eyelet design at the edge.

I want to keep making these and be able to add them to the soap room for sale.

I always wanted to have a store with a lot of variety, something a person could visit over and over and always find something new.  I think this will be a good addition.  I’m working on getting enough made to put them out there.

I also plan to do a lot of work in the soap room over my winter break because I really need to get it back to a point I can be open on the weekends again.  It’s been a rough year to keep up out there, and the lack of farmer’s market did not help.

I miss that.  I need to find a new farmer’s market for next summer.

First, I need to worry about cleaning and doing a floor job, and I might need to make some more soaps over break too.