1. I finally got my garden cleaned off, burned and mowed. I’d be embarrassed to show you the whole before of what I mowed. It was bad, but it’s hard to do anything in the rain. My uncle came and tilled it up this morning, and I’m ready to plant!
2. I will be planting tomorrow because we have the farmer’s market tonight. I made new summer boxes for the molded soaps. It’s also the town’s Rose Festival. They choose the Rose Queen and have a parade and lots of other activities throughout the weekend.
3. Vixen had twins last night. It was another one I assisted in. She had two babies trying to come at the same time, and one had a leg bent back. Really don’t know what is up with all the bent legs this year. She and her two little does are doing well.
4. As I was filling out my records on the girls, I did a check of due dates compared to the date they actually gave birth, and I’m pretty impressed. I usually run about 80% of them having their kids two days before to two days after the due date I assign. This year, I’m 100%. It makes it so much easier when I know when they are due.
Spider’s Wort (Tradescantia)
5. Oh, how I wanted my fifth thing to be that my beans had been planted. But I’m still waiting. They’re still planting. The rain is still holding off at my farm, but there have been some decent downpours with hail not too far from me. I’m keeping my fingers and toes crossed that they can keep planting and get mine in yet today.
Sharing with Random 5 Friday, Camera Critters, and Weekly Top Shot.