Even though Nancy at A Rural Journal isn’t officially doing a linky for Random 5 Friday, she’s invited us to continue playing along. I look forward to these Friday posts, so I guess I’ll continue.
1. With the early dark, I have more time in the house. Instead of cleaning, one of the projects I’m currently working on is transferring the 20,000+ names and dates in my genealogy program from my very first computer, a Macintosh LCII (upgraded to an LC III), which I bought way back in 1993 to the Internet at Ancestry.com.
2. We’ve had a couple of days of rain this week. Finally, there’s water in the Back Forty again. It’s not much, but it’s enough to say there’s water.
3. Another winter project I’ve been thinking about is making candles. I used to make them for the farmer’s market years ago, and it’s something I’d like to do again. It’s been way too long.
4. I got what I hope is my final order of soap-making supplies for the year. Well, I guess if I place another order because I sell out of my soaps, that would be okay. It’s just the ones I plan to make this weekend, are about the last ones that will be ready for the Christmas sales.
5. I don’t think I’ve mentioned here, but I’m planning on selling Boeris. I bought him to bring new blood in and hope to end having a fatal birth defect. I’m very grateful that both he and Fionn seem to be free from the defect. Sadly, they both throw kids with entropion eyes. I only have a couple of girls that Fionn can’t breed, so after we’re done breeding this year, I’ll sell him. We’ll see if I get another before next year or maybe keep a young buck to breed those couple of girls.
Sharing with Weekend Reflections, Weekly Top Shot, and Camera Critters.